Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
1. Parties to the Agreement
This agreement is made between Austin Labs, a company registered in Vietnam with registered office at 2 Đường Số 4, An Phú, Quận 2, TP.HCM (‘Austin Labs’, ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’) and you, the customer (‘customer’, ‘you’ or ‘your’) who wishes to use our services.
In these terms, the following words have the following meaning:
- ‘Services’ means all or any of the services and products we may offer at any time.
- ‘Delivery’ or ‘deliveries’ means any empty box drop-offs, packed box or item pickups, follow-up pickups, delivery of packed boxes or item and empty box collection trips.
- ‘Tubs’ means the storage boxes supplied by Austin Labs in which the goods are packed.
- ‘Goods’ or ‘items’ mean the items entrusted to be stored by us including those which are packed into boxes and those which are not.
- ‘Website’ means our website at www.MyStorage.vn or any other website under which we provide and advertise our services or subsequent URL which may replace it.
3. Registration and Accounts
- You are responsible for keeping the login information to our website confidential and for taking all reasonable steps to ensure nobody other than yourself can access your account and the services. You agree that any person in possession of your login information is authorized to act as your representative for using our services and website. You are responsible for all the activities that occur under your account.
- You shall promptly notify Austin Labs if you become aware of or suspect that your login information has become known to someone else.
- You must not sub-license or re-sell any of the services to a third party nor represent us in any way for any reason whatsoever without our prior written consent.
4. Storage Rules
The safety of our employees, our customers, and all of their belongings always comes first. The following items (‘Prohibited Items’) are banned from being stored at Austin Labs:
- All firearms. Anything primarily used as a weapon
- Anything that’s illegal, such as drugs, drug paraphernalia, stolen property, and anything else that you can get arrested for possessing
- Anything that contains liquids and/or could ooze or leak. This includes things like shampoo bottles, paint cans, and cleaning sprays
- Anything explosive or combustible, such as ammunition, explosives, fireworks, and other flammables like gas, oil, kerosene, paint, and lighter fluid
- Anything that is or was alive. This includes things like fruit, meats, cheeses, animals, insects, fungal or bacterial cultures, etc.
- Anything that is (or was) edible. This includes any perishable and non-perishable food items.
- Anything that smells, as well as all hazardous items, toxic materials, items that produce gas or odors, and items that may increase in size or burst
- Basically, anything that might get outside of your box or bin and harm others, our customers’ and employees’ belongings or our storage facility
Storage of any Prohibited Items may result in additional fees and penalties, including and up to termination of your entire Austin Labs account. Prohibited Items that we discover will be quarantined and, at our sole discretion, either disposed of or returned to you, at your cost. If you have any questions about our Storage Rules, please contact Customer Support before your pickup appointment.
Some items need extra care during transportation and storage. Accordingly, we have policies that govern our storage of items that could reasonably be called ‘fragile’ (‘Fragile Items’). We have guidelines for what constitutes a Fragile Item, but the guidelines below are not a complete list of all Fragile Items. These policies affect your ability to store certain items and our liability under our Protection Plans for damages to Fragile Items.
Please avoid storing Fragile Items in Austin Labs. If you choose to store Fragile Items, please pack your items carefully so that they’re not damaged during transportation or in storage. We recommend padding your items and the inside of our bins or boxes with packing materials such as bubble wrap and packing paper. We reserve the right to refuse to accept any item that appears insufficiently sturdy or too poorly packed for transit or storage, or we may require that you purchase supplies and/or elect to use our packing services before we will store your Item.
We are not able to store any item that is crafted from or incorporates (in a tabletop or anywhere else) marble, granite, stone, formica, lucite, acrylic, crystal, or similar unless it is professionally crated before we arrive. Similarly, we are not able to store any furniture item that is entirely crafted from glass unless it is professionally crated before we arrive.
Mirrors and other furniture that incorporates glass (in a tabletop or anywhere else) must be disassembled so that any glass pieces can be adequately protected. Austin Labs reserves the right to refuse to store any glass items that cannot be adequately protected.
Many common household items are Fragile Items. You already know which ones those are, but for the avoidance of any doubt, common fragile items include without limitation all glassware, dishes, ceramics, pottery, ornaments, and crystal.
We consider all electronics to be Fragile Items, including without limitation TVs, computers, tablets, phones, printers, hard drives, and stereos. Musical instruments, mechanical devices, and appliances are also Fragile Items. Since we are not able to certify the condition and internal functionality of electronics, musical instruments, appliances, or mechanical devices before we store them, we are not liable for any mechanical or electrical derangement, defect, or internal damage that may occur.
Particleboard is made from small particles of wood, such as sawdust and wood chips, which are glued and pressed together to form a sheet. Particleboard is weaker than other furniture materials, like plywood or solid wood. Particleboard items are unable to packed securely for commercial transport unless completely disassembled and repackaged. For these reasons we consider all particleboard items Fragile Items and not able to be safely packed by our team. Many particleboard items are covered by a wood veneer, and we may not be able to identify all particleboard furniture as such. We disclaim all liability for items that are made of particleboard, even those items that are packed by Austin Labs employees.
Some materials possess an inherent vice that causes them to corrode or degrade over time or makes them susceptible to damage from atmospheric changes in temperature and humidity. Items containing these materials are considered Fragile Items. While we make commercially reasonable efforts to regulate the temperature of our storage facilities, we disclaim all liability for damage arising from the inherent vice of materials and from changes in temperature and humidity, including without limitation the growth of mold and mildew.
Our Protection Plans limit our liability for damages to Fragile Items. By accepting this agreement and using Austin Labs, you agree to the conditions of our Protection Plans, including our limitation of liability for Fragile Items.
Valuables and Special Items; Additional Considerations
While not prohibited, we strongly advise that you should not store any “Valuable Documents”, including any currency, bonds, deeds, stock certificates, IOUs, securities, or stamps; any official personal documents (such as passports, driver’s licenses, green cards, visas, birth or marriage certificates, etc.) or anything that contains personally identifiable information, such as date of birth, social security number, mortgage number, or a bank account number. This is not an exclusive list of Valuable Documents or personally identifiable information. Basically, do not store anything that contains information that can be used to steal someone’s identity or a document that you may urgently need at a moment’s notice. By executing this Agreement, you understand and agree that if you go ahead and store Valuable Documents, to the fullest extent permitted by law, you waive all rights and claims against My Storage arising in any way from storing these things with Your Stuff.
The storage of items of Exceptional Value is not recommended. Any item that has a replacement value greater than VND 500,000 per kilo is considered an Item of Exceptional Value. Examples of such items include without limitation fine art, antique furniture, autographed or special-edition books or memorabilia, jewelry, furs, fine musical instruments, digital files, sentimental items, historical artifacts, and all unique or rare items that cannot be replaced or whose value substantially exceeds the cost of a similar new item. If you store these items in My Storage, we strongly recommend that you take out an insurance policy from a third party to cover the full value of the items. Our liability for loss or damage to these items will be limited by your Protection Plan, and is likely to be much less than the value of the items to you. If you request full protection of an Item of Exceptional Value, your recovery will be limited to the actual replacement value (not collectors’ value or sentimental value) of the item (or an item of similar quality). Moreover, My Storage reserves the right to determine (in our sole discretion) to refuse to store any item.
We strongly recommend that you make and retain copies of any digital files before storing them in My Storage on hard drives, memory sticks, DVDs, or any other digital storage media. My Storage is not responsible for the loss or corruption of digital files under any circumstances.
5. Pricing & Billing
- You can calculate our prices here: www.MyStorage.vn/pricing
- Your billing cycle will begin on the day we pick up your boxes/items.
- Each booking comes with free storage boxes upon request, depending on the booked space size. Additional storage boxes can be purchased at 800,000 VND per box
- Every plan includes 45 minutes of free onsite moving service for your initial pick-up trip. Additional labor is charged at 150,000 VND per 30 minutes per mover of onsite moving.
- The charge for a partial return is 250,000 VND.
- For items that require assembling, dismantling and/or wrapping during the moving process, a fee of 400,000 VND per cubic meter will be charged.
- Any parking fees incurred during loading or offloading at customer’s carpark or premises may be charged to the customer.
- Stairs policy: The first 3 levels are free. If the apartment has more than 3 levels and there is no elevator, the customer will be charged 50,000 VND per level per box/item under 23 kg and 100,000 VND per level, per box/item above 23 kg or any large type of item.
- Overweight items: Any box or suitcase over 23 kg is charged an additional VND 100,000 per item.
6. Deliveries and Collections
- You are required to ensure that Austin Labs or its carrier have reasonable access and parking facilities to your premises in order for us to carry out the deliveries to you. You are responsible to ensure that goods are available for collection on an easily accessible ground floor or within easy access by an elevator. Where deliveries require our staff to carry items up or down stairs, there will be separate charges for such services and it is your responsibility to ask about these charges in advance.
- You shall ensure that the goods have been securely packed into boxes or are otherwise suitably prepared for transport so as not to cause damage or injury or the likelihood of damage or injury to Austin Labs’ property, employees, agents, contractors or other goods, whether by spreading of damp, infestation, leakage, escape of fumes or substances or otherwise.
- You shall inform Austin Labs within 72 hours of any damage to the goods or your property that occurred during delivery. If the condition is not met, we reserve the right to refute your claim.
- When requesting a delivery, you are required to make an appointment and it is your responsibility to ensure that you or someone you have authorized is present at the address you have provided to receive or collect the boxes and/or goods at the scheduled time-slot. You should notify Austin Labs of any changes regarding your orders by 3PM the day before delivery.
- Any rescheduling and cancellation of appointment made after the above cut-off times will be subject to a charge of 250,000 VND.
- If someone fails to show up at the delivery appointment, it will be considered a failed delivery and be subject to a charge of 250,000 VND.
- We shall not be held liable for any cancellations or deliveries, including but not limited to misallocation of our delivery resources, schedule conflicts, any adverse weather conditions, bad weather warnings, traffic conditions, any event within or outside our control, or as a result of force majeure.
- The tubs which are provided to you for packing goods are entrusted to be stored by us only. It is your responsibility to schedule a pick-up appointment of the boxes within 7 days from the date of initial drop-off appointment you made. When we come to pick up boxes from you, you must return to us all the boxes that we previously delivered to you. In the event that any boxes are missing, or you wish to keep empty boxes, you will be charged a fee of 800,000 VND per box.
- If the waiting time is more than 45 minutes for any boxes and items collection trip, we reserve the right to reschedule for another collection trip and charge you a fee of 250,000 VND for the failed collection trip.
- Deliveries require 48 hours notice and are subject to the availability of our time slots.
You must not:
- use the services in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or for any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- sub-license or re-sell any of the services to a third party nor represent us in any way for any reason whatsoever without our prior written consent;
- attempt to interfere with or disrupt the services or the website or any server or network used by or connected to the website or to gain unauthorized access to any such server or network.
8. Payments and Charges
- You shall pay rent monthly to Austin Labs. Monthly rent must be paid in advance the day we pick up your items, and monthly thereafter. Monthly rent must be paid in full, without any deductions, without prior notice or prompting from us.
- All applicable charges are those specified on the website at the time of booking or as specified in this agreement
- All applicable charges are subject to change at our discretion and will take immediate effect.
- We may require you to enter your credit card information in order to make use of our services. Your credit card information may be used to bill all future charges automatically.
- Charges for first month’s storage will be billed on the start of the billing cycle. The start of the billing cycle is the day we pick up your packed boxes and /or goods.
- Charges for subsequent months’ storage will be billed monthly in advance at the beginning each billing cycle.
- Charges for returning goods to you will be billed in full on the date of your scheduled delivery.
- If you need to modify your payment method or credit card information, please call +84 28 7770 0117 or send an email to [email protected] The request will be processed within 7 days.
- Austin Labs may charge a one-off penalty of 250,000 VND in the event that you block payment to us when we are not at fault.
- In the event that you do not promptly pay all charges or payments due to us, we are relieved of any duty howsoever arising in respect of the goods and we shall exercise lien over the goods until the outstanding charges or payments have been fully settled and received by us. Under such situation, you authorize us to withhold the goods and you authorize us access to inspect the goods.
- If you fail to arrange payment for any amounts payable to us by the due date and after a grace period of 15 days, we will charge a late payment fee of 250,000 VND to be levied every 15th date past due onward, up to 90 days past due.
- If you fail to arrange payment for any amounts payable to us within 90 days past due date, then in such case, you agree to authorize us to withhold or sell or auction off your properties. We will also charge a Lien Sale/Auction Fee of 500,000 VND if applicable. Proceeds from the sale or auction will be used to settle all outstanding charges and payments including administrative fees, Late Payment Fees and Lien Sale/Auction Fee. If, after settling all charges and payments there is any amount leftover, we will make reasonable efforts to return the excess to you without interest. If within 60 days, we are unable to get a response from you and unable to pay you the excess, the amount leftover will be retained by us for our own account.
- If the sale of the goods as stipulated above cannot cover all charges and payments due to us by you, you are obliged to settle any outstanding balance due to us within 7 days. If this is not settled within 7 days we may administer a debt collection agency to recover all amounts due and all costs incurred as a result of this process shall be borne by you.
- We may sell the goods by any means reasonably available to achieve a reasonable market selling price, taking into account the cost of sale. If, for whatever reason the goods cannot be reasonably or economically sold, we are authorized to treat them as abandoned and dispose of or otherwise destroy them. All costs of sale or disposal shall be borne by you.
9. Promotional Codes
- Promotional codes must be entered at checkout on your first order.
- Offers are not resellable or transferrable.
- Offers are not redeemable for cash or refundable.
- Other fees and charges may apply.
- Promotional codes cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotions or discounts.
- Promotional codes are a limited time offer.
- Any violation of offer terms will render the offer invalid.
10. Liability for Lost or Damaged Goods
- By executing this Agreement and using Austin Labs, you are agreeing that you have carefully reviewed our Protection Plans, and that in the event that your belongings break or go missing, the liability for each item by Austin Labs (including its employees, agents, representatives, and subcontractors) will be limited to the amounts reflected in your applicable Protection Plan. If you store items at Austin Labs that are worth more than the amount reflected in your Protection Plan, either individually or in the aggregate, you do so at your own risk.
- The limitations on liability of Austin Labs (including its employees, agents, representatives and subcontractors) as set out in our Protection Plans are a critical part of this agreement, and by executing this agreement you acknowledge that Austin labs would not offer service in their absence.
- In the unfortunate event that something breaks or goes missing, Austin Labs has a claims process. The policies that govern that process are outlined in our Protection Plans.
11. Limitation of Liability
- Austin Labs shall not in any event be held liable or responsible for any damage or loss to the goods beyond what’s covered in our insurance policy.
- You acknowledge that we are not aware of the value of the goods stored with us. You are responsible to arrange appropriate insurance for your goods.
- You acknowledge and agree that use of our website and any of our services is entirely at your own risk. We shall not be held liable or responsible in any way for any direct or indirect damages of any sort as a result of using our website or misinterpreting its content.
- You are responsible to inspect any items returned to you from us for any loss or damage. If you believe there has been loss or damage to items, you are required to notify Austin Labs within 24 hours of the delivery. We reserve the right to inspect the boxes, items and goods and take pictures or provide proof of any alleged damage or loss before an insurance claim can be made.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that goods are properly and carefully packed with enough protection as would be reasonably required for storage. We shall not be held liable for any loss, mis-delivery of and damage to any items as a result of insufficient or improper packing or protection; any deterioration of goods which may happen over time; fragility of items that you have decided to store; any defects of goods or any forfeiture or seizure of goods for legal reasons.
- In any event, our total liability in respect to every item, box and goods, whether in the case of an insurance claim or not, shall not exceed the lower of (i) the cost of the lost or damaged goods; (ii) the current replacement cost of the goods at the date of the claim; or (iii) the maximum insurance cover for the applicable item, box and/or goods. In the event of a claim, we are entitled to proof of the alleged loss or damage and the replacement or initial cost of the lost or damaged goods.
- In the event of a claim, Austin Labs shall be entitled to require proof of the cost price and the current replacement cost of the contents of the box and/or the stored goods.
- Notwithstanding the above, no terms within this agreement will affect or restrict any of your statutory rights.
- You may terminate this agreement at any time by requesting the return of your goods stored with Austin Labs and settling all outstanding charges due to us.
- Austin Labs may terminate this agreement for any reason by giving you not less than 30 days written notice. In these circumstances, we will refund any pre-paid monthly fees and arrange for delivery of your items back to you at our expense.
- We may terminate this agreement at any time and with immediate effect by providing written notice to you, if
- You fail to pay any amount due by the due date
- You are in breach of any terms of this agreement.
- Upon termination you must ensure that you contact us to arrange the return of your goods at your cost and such return must be arranged within 15 days from the date of notification. If, for any reason, within 15 days following the termination of this agreement, you have not arranged the return of your items we may dispose of them in accordance with Article 7.
13. Intellectual Property Rights
- We retain ownership of all intellectual property rights of any kind related to our website and services, including all applicable copyrights, patents, trademarks and other property rights, save for those which may relate to third parties that we may mention on our website or work with in providing the services.
- Limited, non-exclusive, non-licensable and non-transferable use of limited content for personal use is permitted, however must not be used for commercial purposes.
15. Sub-Contracting and Assignment
- Austin Labs may at any time sub-contract, assign or transfer any or all of its rights and obligations under this Agreement to any third party or agent without your content.
- The sub-contracting, assignment, transfer or sub-licensing of any of your obligations under this agreement, whether or not for commercial gain, is expressly prohibited.
- This agreement shall be binding on your personal representatives and successors.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold us, our employees, agents, suppliers and directors harmless on demand, from and against all claims, liability, damages, costs, expenses, losses and legal fees arising out of any breach of the Agreement by you. This clause also applies to any other liabilities arising out of your use of our website or services or by any other person accessing our website or services under your account.
- Any notices given by you to us must be in writing by email to [email protected]
- A notice shall be deemed to have been served from the time the email was sent by the sender, provided that the sender of the email does not receive an email message stating that the email message has not been received by the intended recipient.
- Austin Labs provides the website on an ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ basis with all faults. Austin Labs does not warrant that use of the website will be error-free or uninterrupted or that any defects will be corrected.
- Austin Labs will provide the services with reasonable care and skill and substantially as described in this agreement. Austin Labs does not make any other promises or warranties about the services.
19. Governing Law and Language
- This agreement and any disputes or claims arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Vietnam.
- In the event of any inconsistency between the Vietnamese and the English version, the English version shall prevail.
- We reserve the right to amend the terms and conditions within this agreement from time to time and it is your responsibility to review these terms and conditions on each occasion you procure services from us. The latest version of this agreement will always be accessible at www.MyStorage.vn. Your continued use of our services will be deemed to represent your continued acceptance to the latest version of this agreement. If you do not agree with any changes to this agreement, you may terminate this agreement.
- In case of any disputes, Austin Labs reserves the right to make the final decision.
- The failure by you or Austin Labs to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this agreement shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
- All provisions of this agreement apply equally to and are for the benefit of Austin Labs, its subsidiaries, any holding companies of Austin Labs, its (or their) affiliates and its (or their) third party content providers and licensors and each shall have the right to assert and enforce such provisions directly or on its own behalf (save that this Agreement may be varied or rescinded without the consent of those parties).
- If any provision of this agreement shall be found by any court or arbitration or administrative body of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, such invalidity or unenforceability shall not affect the other provisions of this agreement which shall remain in full force and effect. If any provision of this agreement is so found to be invalid or unenforceable but would be valid or enforceable if some part of the provision were deleted, the provision in question shall apply with such modification(s) as may be reasonably necessary to make it valid and which reflect(s) the intention of the parties.
- In any event, all provisions of this agreement that by their nature could reasonably survive termination, including but not limited to, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers and limitations of liability, shall survive termination. In the event you use the website or services again, the provisions of the terms and conditions that then apply will govern your re-use of the website or services. In the event you use services bought under this agreement, then those provisions applicable to services will survive termination of this agreement.
- Each party shall keep any and all information disclosed between the parties to this agreement in strict confidence. This clause shall survive the termination of this agreement.
- We always welcome your feedback which can be sent to us by email to [email protected]